In a recent post we discussed the big ‘secret’ of getting your Google Plus Local listing to show up on the first page of Google. For many local searches Google will show up to 7 local listings. You know the ones with the red pin? We call it the Google 7 Pack.
Being in the Google 7 Pack can seriously improve your online visibility, website visitor numbers and hence increase your leads and sales and profits. The ‘secret’ we revealed was to get Google Reviews to your listing. You need at least 5 to get a rating to show up.
Because we all understand that potential customers who don’t know you personally will rely on the recommendations of others, if you have Google reviews and a Google rating you are going to be seen as a trusted supplier.
So what else can do to get your Google Plus Local listing to show ahead of your competitors?
1. Make sure your listing is 100% completed. Now this sounds so basic, but it’s one of the most common mistakes people make. There are 10 slots for images and 5 slots for videos. Make sure you populate them all. And make sure every other aspect of the listing is filled in as well.
2. Reply to every customer review that is posted on your Google Plus Local page. Apart from making you look like you really care about your business, it’s a great way to fill up the space in the reviews area, and an opportunity fro you to add some interesting facts about your business that aren’t mentioned anyway else on your listing. Hint, hint; use your keywords!
Also respond to any negative reviews that you get. Once again it shows that you care and that you will go to any lengths to right a perceived wrong. This helps build the trust factor.
3. Get as many reviews as you can from third party websites such as;
Google will feature up to 3 links on your Google Plus Local page where the links go to 3rd party websites on which customers have left you a review.
Further, add a link or two to your website asking people to leave a review. Then all they have to do is click on the link and be taken to a website such as True Local where they can leave you a review.
You have to make it is easy as possible and this is a great idea. One of our clients has received over 50 customer reviews using this strategy.
4. Add a caption to the first photo that you upload to your listing. The first photo is important as this is what your visitors will see, so it must be relevant and important to your business. To add a caption, the tool we use the most and recommend is; http://www.online-image-editor.com where it is relatively simple to upload an image and then add a caption.
5. Ask your most loyal customers (or even friends and family!!) to upload photos to your Google Plus Local listing. They will however need a google + account. These will show up as “from a Google user” and this approach could mean you end up with more than the 10 photos that you can upload personally. This is just another factor that potential clients will look at in deciding whether they trust you enough to do business with you.
I hope these tips have helped you to achieve a better Google + Local listing and therefore more visibility on Google.
Remember we do this kind of thing full-time so if we can assist you in any way please don’t hesitate to make contact.