Update 9 April 2018
Over the years the local landscape has changed, a lot!
What used to be called Google Plus Local years ago is now known as Google Maps or the Google 3-pack and some even call it the “Snack Pack” as Google now only shows 3 local businesses instead of 7 (more on that here)
Whatever the name the local maps listings are SUPER important for the health of your business.
At the top of the results you now see 4 Google Ads and then the first organic listings are the 3 maps – after that you see the traditional organic listings – that's way too far down for some businesses!
Google is the largest search engine on the planet and becoming bigger and more influential every day. Therefore it is critical that your business website can be found online. Statistics show that 4 in 5 searches on Google today are locality based. For instance if you were looking for a motor mechanic you might type “motor mechanic Gold Coast” or “auto repairs Southport”
Google Maps SEO Optimisation
The evolution of local results…
Google Maps used to be known as Google Plus Local or Google + Local, then before that is was called ‘Google Places‘ and prior to that as ‘Google Local'.
Google Map is an online listing of your business that is in addition to your website. Your Google Plus Local listing can be updated with all of your company information, photos and images, videos, services and your deals or coupons.
Google have been directing massive resources to local search since 2012, yet millions of businesses have failed to claim their Google Maps listing.
We know that Google will continue to direct massive resources to local search. Therefore if your business hasn't yet taken advantage of Google local search NOW is the best time to get started.
If you don't have the time, knowledge or inclination to claim, optimise and regularly update your online assets, you need to hire an expert.
Our Google Maps Strategy – What You get
- If you haven’t already, we will claim your Google My Business listing
- We will fully optimise your listing with Images and Videos, company details and special offers, just the way Google likes it
- We will create videos* to add to your Google Maps listing – Google loves these.* for a while you couldn't add videos to your Google My Business account, now you can, but they have to be 30 seconds or less
- We will add your Videos to You Tube – Did you know that You Tube is the second biggest search engine in the world?
- We will link your Google Maps and your You Tube Videos to your Website
- We will create listings in business directories that we will link back to your Website and enhance your Google Local listing. Customers will be able to find your business in lots of places on the Internet
- We will maintain, update and fully optimise your Google + Local listing for 3 months.Note: these days there's a lot more to it than that! Our sister company in Brisbane goes into a lot more detail about getting ranked in Google maps.