A 5 Point SEO Checklist For Optimising Your Website
In today’s world it’s easier than ever for anyone to create a brand-new website on the topic of their choice. And it’s very easy to create a team of content creators that will help to develop the website and fill it with all of the articles, videos, info-graphics and other great things that your market might be looking for.
There’s only one problem and it’s a big one. Many of these website owners fail to make it to the first page of Google, Yahoo or Bing – a.k.a. the top search engines. And this can be frustrating as a website owner, business owner, blogger or content creator.
Believe it or not, it is possible to make it to the Promised Land at the top of the search engine results pages (SERPs). Your website is most likely missing a few key SEO pieces that will make the difference between search engine success and failure.
We’ve narrowed it down and made it very easy for you to run through our 5 point search engine optimization checklist. When all is said and done, after you begin ticking off the boxes on this list and making the corrections on your website, you will begin to see an improvement in search engine rankings over time.
It will not happen immediately in most cases, but the longer you keep your website tweaked and SEO friendly, the better your chances will be to get high first page rankings or to even hit that coveted #1 spot.
5 Point SEO Checklist
1. Use Google webmaster tools – if you truly want your website to rank highly on the Google search engine, you need to start taking advantage of this key service. Google webmaster tools helps tremendously by providing diagnostics, tools and incredibly relevant data that will help you to create a website that is friendly for your users as well as the search engines.
2. Install Google Analytics – as far as analytic services are concerned, Google analytics is one of the most popular available today. And the best part about it… It’s free! Nothing beats free, that’s for certain. By installing analytics, you will get access to critical website data, including: the content that your audience is interested in the most, visitor demographics, and GA even helps to measure traffic visiting your website. You’ll learn the navigating behavior of your visitors and a whole host of other factors that will help you grow your website organically.
3. Use Bing webmaster tools – everybody tends to focus the majority of their search engine optimization on Google, and it makes sense since they are the biggest dog in the yard. But there are still millions and millions of people using Yahoo and Bing (they are search partners) so using Bing webmaster tools will help you reach this other segment of your audience that you’ve most likely been sorely neglecting. While you are at it, submit your website to the Yahoo search engine in order to get it indexed.
4. Creating a semantic kernel for your site – in order to create a semantic kernel (a list of long and short tailed keywords for your website); you’ll need to use the Google Adwords keyword planner. This tool will help you research keywords that your potential visitors are using, and will even give great ideas for fantastic content angles that you may not have considered. By incorporating these long and short tailed keyword phrases into your content, you will significantly expand your reach and also expand your #1 rankings in the search engines.
5. Researching the competitions’ links – link building is another incredibly crucial practice in order to attain top search engine rankings. The best way to outmaneuver the competition as quickly as possible is to learn about their links and copy their link profile. This will help skyrocket you to the top of the search engines quicker than you can imagine. It’s definitely the smart way to go when hoping to outwit, outlast and outplay your competition in the battle known as search engine optimization.
After implementing these changes and checking off each point on your checklist, you’ll begin to see your rankings start to skyrocket in the search engines. Don’t just brush this list off and get to it another day. Use it and watch your business explode!